Monday 24 March 2008

I think it's LOVE!!!

Well, I haven't posted in what seems like an age... and I'll tell you why!

Here's the story; on the 1st of this month, I was bundled into the carrier and put into the car on what I thought was going to be another trip to the vets! Haha, little did I know! The car journey lasted far too long to be a vet trip, and to tell the truth I felt a little sick by the end of it.

We arrived at an unknown house where I was removed from the carrier... and briskfully thrown into a small encloser with another rabbit! I had not seen another rabbit in 9 months! I felt pleased, scared, shy and excited all at the same time!

I could smell this was a rabbit of the opposite sex! Bingo!

She came over to me.... what was I meant to do?! I'd not been on a date before... and to top it all off I had been removed of my man bits only weeks before... great! Anyway, she approached me and I freaked... I jumped backwards, put my foot in the water bowl, jumped again... and scared her.

After that I just sat in the corner for a bit, staring at my hooman, willing her to remove me from the most embarrassing situation which I now found myself in. She didn't, instead she just watched me!

I later plucked up the courage to approach this bunny, she was lovely, she didn't bite and she introduced herself as Broome (what a lovely name!) and we got to know each other. She was very accommodating, and she let me show her the moves I had been practicing for the last nine months. Boy was she impressed!!















Then we were bundled into the carrier together, and it was a much nicer ride home with my new friend.

Went we got back to my house the hoomans put us in the bathroom for a few days to get more acquainted. Then finally we moved back into my room... I was so excited to show Broome my bachelor pad (bachelor no longer!). When we entered, to my surprise we found that it had been made over - I had a new run attachment that we could frollick in all day long!
















The rest is history really. Broome and I are very loved up. She is the sweetest thing and treats me really well, always grooming me and I return the favor by offering my cosy fur as a pillow!


































































































Although initially I very much disliked my hooman for putting me in such a strange situation, now I really can't thank her enough for introducing me to my new best friend : )

2 comments:

Barley Sugar said...

Oh Dobbin... I'm so happy you've found love... I was a single bunny too until recently, I wasn't sure about all this "what's yours is mine business"... but it's been lovely to have somebun to snuggle up to these past few days with all the chilly weather were're having.

You can read all about my story here:
http://barleysugar.blogspot.com/

Barley

ErinPaperbackstash said...

Beautifully adorable rabbits!