Sunday 9 September 2007

Another Vet Trip! (Myxomatosis Vaccination)

My eye started to get better after a week of goo application, but despite this I was once again tricked into my carrier with a treat and taken to the vets. Note to self: I really must not be tempted by treats in carriers!

Again I saw the really nice two-foot lady, she checked me over but was really gentle. At one point I almost fell asleep I was so relaxed! Then it came again…. OWWWWW!! that sharp pain…. yet another vaccination! This one was for Myxomatosis, another deadly disease that us buns get. It’s spread by contact with infected rabbits or by biting insects such as mosquitoes or fleas. It is very common to have serious outbreaks of it during the summer when mosquitoes are rife and this year it has been particularly bad due to the wet but warm weather which mosquitoes thrive in. It kills very painfully so I’m very pleased to have the vaccination for it, it shows that my two-foot mum really cares about me too! Even though I’m a house bun it’s essential to have the vaccination as insects can still get in through windows and doors. The vaccination won’t stop me from getting it at all but gives me much better chances of pulling through and surviving should I ever catch it…. I’m preying and crossing paws that I never do!

You can find out more about Myxomatosis and why all bunnies should be vaccinated at the following link: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rwf/articles/understanding_myxo_feb06.htm

1 comment:

Timmy said...

Hi Bobbin! Glad to hear that your Myxie jab is done now! We SURE are getting a lot of jabs lately between us, aren't we? My Mummy told me that your Mummy gave you an eye wash today - that must have been soothing! I hope they can sort it out soon! I have to go to the vet again tomorrow, too.....I have stopped falling for the old 'treat in the carrier' scam......so Mummy just picks me up and puts me in!!! Talk to you again soon! Loads Of Love And Bunny Hugs, Your Friend, Timmy XXXXX